dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 11:13:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 08:47:30AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 02:29:00PM +0100, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > git development is very active way beyond the kernel needs. The project
> > looks very solid.
>
> Its not as solid as it sometimes seems, I've had it chew up a repository
> irrecoverably.

git is still changing a lot, but it does not pretty good point releases,
so waiting for the .2 or higher should give very stable releases to use.

While git has first made sure they get all the whistles done for kernel
hackers, they seem to integrate now many features which also allow a
nicer gitweb and overall easier use, so it definitely stays my personal
no. 1, but hg is definitely also nice to use.

regards,

Florian La Roche