dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Miloslav Trmac mitr at redhat.com
Thu Nov 16 11:20:05 UTC 2006

David Woodhouse napsal(a):
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 07:30 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> I continue to get "its a great tool, learning it sucks and sometimes I
>> have to do sucky things to do what I want, but its a great tool!"
> My opinion would actually be _similar_ to the above except that it would
> be in the past tense -- "learning it _sucked_" and "sometimes I _used_
> to have to do sucky things".
I don't have that much personal experience with git, but all the emails
in this thread about trying different versions of utilities and so on
seem to support the view that some problems still exist.

It's nice when the upstream is responsive, has lots of developers and
usability patches are accepted quickly - but its even better when the
system Just Works, doesn't require the user to care about "packing" and
doesn't _need_ the usability patches in the first place.  That's my
experience with mercurial - a system that requires no maintenance.
	Mirek