Package EVR problems in FC+FE 2006-11-16

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Nov 17 14:10:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:16:53 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Since this list of problems keeps growing, I've submitted a couple of bug
> > reports for the packages, which are broken independent of a missing FC7
> > build:
> >
> >   aumix
> >   dogtail
> >   flumotion
> >   gcin
> >   kbibtex
> >   libopensync-plugin-irmc
> >   monotone
> >   piklab
> >   python-nltk
> >

> Would it be possible to use the XML RPC stuff to auto file bugzilla reports?

I've been using it for a long time including some fully automated
submissions.

However, submitting bugs is not a problem. Querying bugzilla and
implementing something "mighty", which avoids duplicates and examines
ticket status information, would require increased efforts (as to
recognise when reported issues are fixed).

Also, some of the broken upgrade paths affect Core+Extras, and it is
not always clear whether or where to report them (e.g. when Legacy
upgraded Core, where and how would it be fixed?).

So, for a future buildsys plug-in, running the upgrade-path check as early
as necessary to prevent bad upgrades from being published, would be better
than filling bugzila with tickets.