Xfce 4.4rc1 update

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Wed Oct 4 18:00:21 UTC 2006

Just a heads up... Christoph (The Xfce plugins maintainer in extras)
and myself are planning on pushing Xfce 4.4rc1 into extras in the next
few days.

Here's my current plan:

- Orphan xffm (no longer in core Xfce and upstream has changed
dramatically).

- Request xffm removal from devel repos.

- Sometime this evening, check in my spec changes/upload new sources
to extras cvs. If anyone notices anything wrong or bad in these
commits, please let me know. Christoph will also be checking in all
the plugins spec and source changes.

- Do some more local testing to make sure all the checked in versions
still build in mock, etc.

- Thursday evening starting around 7:30pm MDT start requesting
builds. Christoph will start his builds as soon as the core Xfce libs
he needs are built. If signers could hold of doing pushes in there
until they are all built that would be great.

- Profit! (Enjoy the new 4.4 Xfce.)

If anyone sees problems or has issues, let myself or Christoph know.

Thanks,

kevin