Vote on your name choice for FC6!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 14:23:16 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 10:17, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Using the account's system would mean that only people who have signed
> the CLA would be able to vote for the name. Atleast for this release,
> the voting while in progress where mentioned in Planet Fedora and other
> places, so I believe many others who were not in the account system
> might have participated. If the idea is to limit the votes to only
> contributors, the account system would be ok, otherwise setting up
> something else in fedoraproject.org is better. Maybe Plone would help here.

Actually no.  It is BY DESIGN that only maintainers would vote.  The last
release I gathered the email addresses of those on maintainer's list and sent
the survey directly to them.  This time around I ran out of time and just
sent it to -maintainers list.  People then "shared" the URL, which while I
didn't say so, I didn't want to have happen.  Contributing to Fedora should
have some perks, one of these perks is voting on the name.  I STRONGLY feel
that it should be restricted to those that are contributors to the Fedora
project.

Release Engineer: Fedora