Finding unowned and multiply-owned directories

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Oct 8 15:58:07 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 08 octobre 2006 à 10:06 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III a
écrit :

> NM> I can't help noticing the intended test and output is awfully
> NM> similar to the one in:
> NM> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/comps/comps-cleanup.xsl?root=extras
>
> I thought that was about comps, merging together the core and extras
> comps file and detecting some irregularities there.  As far as I can
> tell it doesn't work in the realm of individual files and directories
> in the distro.

One of the (many) things it does is counting packages referenced in
multiple groups. You're counting files referenced in multiple packages.
Same kind of processing, really.

> NM> Are you using the same tech or something totally different?

> My script is a bit of Perl.  They both operate on XML, I guess, but any
> similarity in output is purely coincidental

I believe the similarity in output reflects the similarity of purpose.

> since I've not seen the output of comps-cleanup.xsl.

It's awfully similar to yours, only the object names change:

  ☹ Package fonts-ISO8859-2-75dpi is referenced in 10 groups:
     ✓ conditional package in group Bulgarian Support (bulgarian-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Croatian Support (croatian-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Czech Support (czech-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Estonian Support (estonian-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Hungarian Support (hungarian-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Polish Support (polish-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Romanian Support (romanian-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Serbian Support (serbian-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Slovak Support (slovak-support)
     ✓ conditional package in group Slovenian Support (slovenian-support)
  ☹ Package emacs is referenced in 2 groups:
     ✓ optional package in group Editors (editors)
     ✓ mandatory package in group Emacs (emacs)
  ☹ Package lv is referenced in 3 groups:
     ✓ default package in group Chinese Support (chinese-support)
     ✓ default package in group Japanese Support (japanese-support)
     ✓ default package in group Korean Support (korean-support)

> I suppose its possible that someone
> could write some other XSL stuff which does the same thing as the Perl
> I cooked up, in which case it was still an interesting exercise for me.

It was fun for me too, and I was just being curious;)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot