Finding unowned and multiply-owned directories

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Oct 10 16:30:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 08:07 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > We might not have a good place for it right now but we can make one - a
> > general distro-tools or whatever cvs location is fine until we find a
> > better home.
>
> +1
>
> It'd be nice to have all these nice distro sanity check scripts (like
> this, evr-comparison between branches etc) in one spot.

http://youri.zarb.org/youri-check.html has some kind of related tests
and (said to be) easily extensible framework, in case someone's
interested.

I've taken only a really brief look at it some time ago; unless I missed
something the biggest downside is that there appears to be no repodata
support in it (nor AFAIK ready-to-reuse repodata libraries available for
Perl even elsewhere) so it could take a bit of work to get the basic
building blocks of it to be useful for distros that use repodata repos.