Build error only on ppc

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Oct 13 19:25:10 UTC 2006

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Orion Poplawski schrieb:
>
>> The "-z now" option is not supported on ppc.
>
> I am a bit puzzled here. Why is that call correct syntax at all?
> Shouldn't that be "-Wl,-z,now" instead of "-Wl -z now"?

Certainly.  Roland, try this first, but I've also seen reports that -z
now isn't available on ppc.  Not sure it's still true tough.

Otherwise, the configure code should probably be something like:

case $host in
ppc*) ;;
    *) LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -Wl,-z,now";;
esac

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                  303-415-9701 x222
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com