Co-maintainers to assist upstreams with their packages in Extras

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Oct 15 18:26:42 UTC 2006

PD> I don't know but it seems to me that, at least in extras there is
PD> a primary maintainer. The one who has his name in owners.list,
PD> indeed.

And can you quantify a single operational distinction between these
maintainers?  They all have equal access to CVS and the buildsys.  So
just what difference do you think it makes?  And why do you feel that
upstream maintainers need to be in some sort of inferior position with
respect to other maintainers?

 - J<