Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Oct 15 23:09:00 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 06:43:04PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> okay - but you seem to want something other than just to state your
> opinion. If I misread that and you just want to state your counter
> opinion here then I'm sorry, have a blast.

As I wrote, I don't know what happens when someone starts acting that
way. I think this is hurting the community and creating chasms where
bridges are trying to be built. And I'm not referring to any
scare to non-existent technical parts of the statements made.

> > > You can counter his opinion by responding to him
> >
> > No, I won't get trolled. I'm known for getting into discussion with
> > people, but IMHO he already crossed a line. All this FUD was dumped
> > into bugzilla w/o any provocation or reason. Just because s/o
> > mentioned ATrpms doesn't count as provocation.
>
> Have you read bugzilla? It's filled with all sorts of stuff I don't
> agree with.

Sure, and a part of it probably stems from Jeff Johnson, whose
comments escalated to the board and people wanted to withdraw his
bugzilla account (I'm far from recommending doing so in this case,
don't misunderstand me, I'm just showing that sometimes some reaction
is needed).

> > > but there's no 'censure' process if that's what you're gunning for.
> >
> > No, censoring is always bad, that doesn't mean that such behaviour
> > shouldn't be counteracted.
>
> If that's your goal in posting here then go for it.
>
> If anyone suggests deleting his comment from bugzilla or making 'codes
> of conduct' for people who are arguing their opinions and/or technical
> issues then expect me to come back and be crankier than usual.

Technical issues and different opinions on them is one (good) thing,
but that wasn't it. Censoring is - as said - even worse.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net