Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 05:20:11 UTC 2006

On 10/15/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 22:00 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> Axel is not trying to break people's systems and there was too much
> invective in your post.

I did not mean to imply he is *trying* to break people's systems.  I
am only stating what I know through experience, and this is that
people who have used ATrpms (including myself) have had problems with
yum.  It is pretty much the standard answer in #fedora to tell someone
to remove ATrpms when diagnosing a problem, and it is a shame that
this is the case.

So let me rephrase my statement and say that using ATrpms has the
"potential" to break your system.

> now, can we get back to actually solving the problems?

I would love to see ATrpms start playing nice with the official
repositories.  I think the first step would be to remove ALL packages
that are already present in FC/FE.

However, call me a cynic, I doubt this is going to happen.  Axel, I'd
love for you to prove me wrong on this point.