Co-maintainers to assist upstreams with their packages in Extras

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Oct 16 06:35:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 03:38:29PM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> And yet somehow we have Extras chugging along just fine with exactly
> that rule, and the only thing to prevent such chaos is the various
> agreements that maintainers make with each other.

In any case there is one maintainer who has the final word, isn't it?
I am referring to the primary maintainer as that person. He hasn't specific
rights to enforce anything, since the cvs rights are the same for all,
but everybody knows who he is and that he is the primary maintainer.
It may happen that sometimes such a person don't exist, typically when a
package has been unorphaned by a group of people and there isn't a clear
primary maintainer, but it is an exception, and it cannot happen right
after a submission (at which time the primary maintainer is the submitter,
or the contributor listed in owner.list).

--
Pat