Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 08:28:09 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:58:56AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > >
> > > IMO, If you have issues, take it up with Axel and/or an ATrpms mailing
> > > list, but such commentary has no place in any *fedora* bugzilla (nor on
> > > this mailing list).  And please try to remember, we're trying to bring
> > > people together here, not divide them.
> >
> > Hold on. If someone has hosed up their system using ANY means why is not
> > appropriate to explain that in bugzilla? We go on screeds about nvidia
> > or ati drivers in bugzilla pretty commonly. How is what Christopher did
> > all that different?
>
> did you check the bug report? No system was broken and no bug was
> pointed out to. Christopher raged about ATrpms completely
> unmotivated. Or better said he raged after the submitter said he
> condsidered to submit this package to ATrpms.
>
> I could now pick a random bug report and start ranting about a random
> fedora contributior's packaging work, right?

I will officially apologize to you in front of the entire community
and endorse the use of ATrpms if you promise to remove all packages
that conflict with FC/FE.

I feel that you are putting too much effort into condoning what I
said, and not enough effort in making your repository work well with
others.

As I stated in the other thread, a repository that overrides base
packages essentially forks Fedora and creates a new distribution, and
this is far more damaging to the community than any comments made by a
single individual.

So once again, I will take back and apologize for everything I have
said if you will promise to try and work more closely with the
community and no longer override base packages found in FC/FE.