Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Oct 16 09:10:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:35:03AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 00:37 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > > but there's no 'censure' process if that's what you're gunning for.
> >
> > No, censoring is always bad, that doesn't mean that such behaviour
> > shouldn't be counteracted.
>
> Censor != Censure.
>
> I think that censure probably was what you had in mind.

There was a misunderstanding, it never occured to me (and obviously
other according to the replies) that there are two expressions
sounding so much alike. If I understand correctly there is:

censuring: To criticize severely
censoring: To examine and expurgate
(most probably they sound identical)

In light of that, I'll refine my sentence: "Yes, someone misbehaving
to some extent needs to be censured, e.g. criticized like in this
thread, no, censoring is always bad, e.g. no removal of bugzilla
comments".
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net