Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 16 09:25:04 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:

> No, I didn't. If you check the mentioned thread it was about whether
> that makes sense at all. There was a very prominent objection on this
> where it was clearly stated that no packages will get altered, so why
> bother creating bugzilla tickets that would be closed as WONTFIX? That
> would only create unnecessary conflict situations.

I did check the thread and found about five mails there and none of them
seemed to oppose the idea. I have lost the local copies of fedora lists
recently so if you can point me more specifically to the opposition,
that would be helpful.

> If this has changed by now it would be nice, of course. But in that
> case let's open up another thread, this one here is about fudding and
> will not lead to anything constructive.

Eliminating root causes can give people less chance to harp on it.

Rahul