Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 10:19:28 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> "Off the FUD issue": Are you admitting to have been fudding? Let's get
> the FUD issue resolved and we'll worry about *true* technical issues
> in another thread.

I will admit that I could have been more tactful.  I will admit it is
possible to use ATrpms without messing up your system.  I will admit
that many people use ATrpms without any problems.  That being said, I
will continue to encourage people to *NOT* use ATrpms as long as the
repository continues to override base packages.

> What I'd like to see is
>
> o general consensus about disapprovement of the FUD in the bugzilla
>   (I think this has almost already happened)

I would like to see valid opinions not be classified as "FUD" just
because you don't agree with them.

> o A netiquette and deescalation mechanism like some quoted to put in
>   place for future similar situations
>
> It just can't be accepted that people with a fedora account represent
> the project in such an inappropriate way!

Creating a repository that forks Fedora and essentially creates its
own distribution and puts the burdon on the community to support two
separate distributions is much more inappropriate as far as I'm
concerned.  It just can't be accepted that repository maintainers
represent the project in such an inappropriate way!