Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Oct 16 11:15:18 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:19:28AM -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> >What I'd like to see is
> >
> >o general consensus about disapprovement of the FUD in the bugzilla
> >  (I think this has almost already happened)
>
> I would like to see valid opinions not be classified as "FUD" just
> because you don't agree with them.

No, it's beyond not agreeing. It's about you creating fear,
uncertainty and doubts w/o real facts to back up doomsday.

> >o A netiquette and deescalation mechanism like some quoted to put in
> >  place for future similar situations
> >
> >It just can't be accepted that people with a fedora account represent
> >the project in such an inappropriate way!
>
> Creating a repository that forks Fedora and essentially creates its
> own distribution and puts the burdon on the community to support two
> separate distributions is much more inappropriate as far as I'm
> concerned.  It just can't be accepted that repository maintainers
> represent the project in such an inappropriate way!

Is there an echo in here?

ATrpms does not fork Fedora it is a 3rd party repository supporting
among other Fedora. There is no burden on you to support anything, and
stop calling yourself "community" ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net