Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Oct 16 12:14:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 13:57 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I'm not asking you to get involved. You didn't like that this
> escalated to this list and I'm just asking what other options there
> are? Just imagine getting into a similar situation (e.g. someone is
> publicly and aggressively spreading fud about you or your work w/o any
> motivation whatsoever) and what you would do.
>
> What would you do if something similar happens tomorrow again between
> fedora contributor X and Y? It will evolve to another such thread that
> you (and I) don't like, so coming up with a general escalation
> management solution is better than to simply complain about the state
> of affairs.

No.  Sorry.  This list, FESCo, or FAB are not here to solve petty
bickering differences.  Even if we wanted to, we couldn't because this
is a _volunteer_ project.  We have no more control over contributors
than you do.

If you can't work it out privately amongst yourselves, then so be it.
But putting a comment in a bugzilla or starting a thread on a mailing
list is not grounds for removal of CVS access or removal from the
fedorabugs group.  And those are really the only two things that _could_
be done.

What this list _is_ for, is discussing technical matters.  So if either
of you want to start talking about why ATrpms overrides Fedora Core and
Fedora Extras packages, then we're all ears.  That seems like a
technical discussion worthy of having.  And one that just might build
that bridge that was talked about earlier.

josh