Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Mon Oct 16 12:41:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 14:18 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 07:14:05AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > But putting a comment in a bugzilla or starting a thread on a mailing
> > list is not grounds for removal of CVS access or removal from the
> > fedorabugs group.  And those are really the only two things that _could_
> > be done.
>
> Oops, you must have completely misread something, consoring or
> throwing out Christopher out of the contributers wasn't
> suggested. Censuring with a sharp s was ;)

No, I understood completely.  And we have nothing we can do to censure
either.  The definition of "censure" as it applies in this case:

"an official reprimand, as by a legislative body of one of it's members"

The only reprimand we have is pulling CVS or fedorabugs access.  And
that is the only one I think we should have.

Nobody here has any authority to tell a contributor "bad Christopher!
you shouldn't do that."  Know why?  Because it doesn't accomplish
anything, and it doesn't have any effect.  Period.  Someone could say
that and the contributor could just ignore it.  This whole damn
discussion is pointless!

josh