Agressive FUD by Fedora contributor

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 17:22:12 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 01:02:33PM +0200, Miloslav Trmac wrote:
>> Axel,
>> Christopher Stone napsal(a):
>>> fetchmail.x86_64                         6.3.4-1.1_6.fc5.at     atrpms
>> If all you want changed is including fetchmailconf, why don't you build
>> it as a single package, without overriding Core's fetchmail?
>> 	Mirek
>
> I answered in PM. This thread is about Chistopher Stone's fudding, and
> should not defocus from there.

Axel, everyone is exposed to misinformation in Open Source.  Red Hat as
a company is the target of a lot.  My packages, specifically Firefox,
lately have been the target of a lot of misinformation lately.  All you
can do is point out your arguments.  There's nothing stopping anyone
from spreading whatever information they want.

Both you and cstone have said your pieces.  By dragging this out, you
are both looking very childish.  Axel, you are allowed to ship whatever
packages you want, whether others like it or not.  Cstone, you are
allowed to file bugs with patches to Core packages to include changes.
Somewhere, there is a happy medium.