yum RFE

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 18 17:41:02 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 13:06, Alan Cox wrote:
> You mean when it overwrites base packages and breaks stuff ?

Then should setup road blocks to using rpm?  To adding repos at all?  To
writing as root?  The user had taken the step to add something which did NOT
come with his/her installation.  Adding a NON "supported" repo.  From that
point on, they're in the "on your own" land, and I'm perfectly happy with
their system getting eaten alive.  There is a REASON we don't include those
repos.  Setting up more (easily removable for those that know) roadblocks
will do nothing more than confuse the user even more, and create more
hostility toward the 3rd party packagers.

Release Engineer: Fedora