yum RFE

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Oct 19 06:46:27 UTC 2006

Le mercredi 18 octobre 2006 à 15:39 -0800, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :
> On 10/18/06, Christopher Stone <chris.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think this is better than some poor user who is forced to remove all
> > packages from a certain repository by hand after their system becomes
> > messed up.
>
> I could not disagree more.  If a repository maintainer isn't
> responding to that repository's users by address the problems.. then
> users should stop using that repo en-masse.

That's a nice theorical view. Real world is not like this – users do not
have perfect insight, neither before using a repo (atrpm is dangerous is
restricted to technical circles) nor after using it (so the system broke
– most users will blame Linux and/or Fedora in general not a specific
repo or package)

In the actual world repo owners have to work hard to get feedback, which
implies being nice to users even when they are wrong in blaming your
package. It's humanly easy not to see things if you don't want to.

--
Nicolas Mailhot