Free Software audit update

Michael J. Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Mon Sep 4 11:45:01 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> To me, OpenMotif is one of the foundations of my work. Petusus has just
> kicked my work off from Fedora and rendered Fedora into a platform not
> worth to be considered for a part of my work in future. So be it :)

No.. Petusus did no such thing. The license of OpenMotif is the problem.
OpenMotif is not compatible with Fedora's license guidelines. Its grossly
unfair to "point the finger" at a Fedora contributor for that. Fedora is
certainly not the first to drop the use of OpenMotif and port apps to use
LessTif and I doubt it will be the last.

Michael