Free Software audit update

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Tue Sep 5 04:47:46 UTC 2006

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Face it - RH is not alone on this planet, their "religion" is not the
> only "belief" and you can't force everybody to YOUR belief.
Ralf: No one is forcing you to stay within the confines of Fedora's strict
licensing policies. You could always maintain your own local copy of the
package or grab it from an alternative repository, for example.

> <Sigh/> Why can't you @redhat.com-guys stop agitating against what
> doesn't fit into your "small-town world" and let the rest of the world
> live in peace?
They are. They are ensuring that their userbase does not have to worry about
any weird licensing issues if they want to build on or redistribute the
software. I, for one, call that a nice peace.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479