devel packages with only one .pc file

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Sep 5 09:50:32 UTC 2006

Matthias Clasen wrote :

> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 16:43 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > So, if a .pc file influences the RPM package's dependency chain, this
> > must not be ignored.
>
> There is no way we are going to correctly reflect all these dependencies
> in the rpms unless rpm picks them up automatically.

Automatic requirements generated from the *.pc files contained in a
package is something that recent rpm versions have, but not the version
still shipped in FC... a feature I really miss in FC indeed.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.91 (FC6 Test2) - Linux kernel 2.6.17-1.2611.fc6
Load : 0.46 0.45 0.36