Free Software audit update

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org
Tue Sep 5 12:14:41 UTC 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 11:45, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > > You should have packaged lesstif in such a way both openmotif-devel and
> > > lesstif-devel can be installed in parallel.
> >
> > I would be happy to achieve that, but how?

> >  The headers and the .so
> > conflict.
>
> Different installation paths, different rpaths.

Ok for different installation paths, but RPATH should be avoided, in Fedora,
AFAIK.

Actually, if only the -devel subpackage of lesstif and openmotif are in
conflicts, it means, i think, that their libraries have different SONAME. So
only "-L" should be needed to link with the one that is not installed in
default libraries, in that case: both installation paths could be
in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/.