devel packages with only one .pc file

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 12:56:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 12:43 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Perhaps in the case of mono, where the main package has no
> difference
> > between the runtime and the development files (one in the same) then
> > the .pc file can stay in the main package.  I'm OK with that.
>
> So, can we change the packaging guidelines to say this? (Otherwise
> I'll
> be flooded with more bug reports.)

You are positive that your .pc files don't list any further software
requirements that might be development in nature?  If they did, this
rule wouldn't apply.  I would think that it would have to be something
like this:

If A) your package has no distinction between runtime and development
libraries (example mono .dll files), and B) your .pc file lists no other
development requirements, than your .pc file can go in the main package
and not a sub -devel package.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora