devel packages with only one .pc file

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 14:04:28 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 08:45 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> You all realize that the amount of time spent on this thread so far is
> about 10x greater than it would have been to just fix the packages to
> match the policy, right?

But time spent to understand the policy and the reasoning behind it is
priceless compared to just blindly following writ and not knowing why
other than 'because it says to...'

I encourage anybody that doesn't understand why we set up policy or
disagrees with policy to bring it up and discuss it.  It is better to
understand or even shed new light on a policy decision that may not have
been the best decision.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora