FC6 Test3 is now frozen

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 12:11:27 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 07:45, मयंक जैन wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If we now submit builds to the buildsystem, would they reflect in FC6
> final release?

We are in a continual freeze.  Builds are currently going to dist-fc6-HEAD.
There is some criteria to get it moved out of -HEAD and into dist-fc6 for
either Test3 or for the final.

For Test3 they need to be serious blocker type bugfixes, such as every user
will crash this app, or this will prevent installations.

Once Test3 goes out the door there is a bit more flexibility in getting things
moved in, and it would be low risk bugfixes (preferrably on either FC6Target
or FC6Blockers) or the above criteria.  Once we've deep frozen for FC6 we'd
be back to 'prevents installation' or 'eats users data upon execution'
criteria to get it pulled out of -HEAD and into dist-fc6 for the release.
After that, the contents of dist-fc6-HEAD would be moved to
dist-fc6-updates-candidate to be processed as possible updates.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora