Please add autoconf and automake to the buildroot

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Sep 22 21:06:41 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 04:32:04PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I don't accept your claim that these are the most common used packages to
> build our rpms.  Sure they're used upstream and such, but not in our rpm
> build process.  They should be viewed just like any other build requirement
> and listed as such.  For you its two auto* packages.  To somebody else, it's
> just pkgconfig, to yet another person its just intltool and gettext, so on
> and so forth.  The line has to be drawn somewhere and it has been drawn.

I agree, and I also would like to point out that having to resort to
a call to the autotools may be usefull, but in any case shows an issue
in the upstream package. Therefore I think it is a good thing to require
an explicit move of the packager as a remainder that something is
wrong, and that it should better be fixed upstream.

--
Pat