Please add autoconf and automake to the buildroot

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 23:57:40 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> I don't accept your claim that these are the most common used packages to
> build our rpms.
These tools have been around since the early days of UNIX and
have been used every since... so whether you accept that or not
is.... well... indifferent...

> They should be viewed just like any other build requirement
> and listed as such.  For you its two auto* packages.  To somebody else, it's
> just pkgconfig, to yet another person its just intltool and gettext, so on
> and so forth. The line has to be drawn somewhere and it has been drawn.
Personally I think we should a bit more flexible and open to consider
adding packages that have very real potential of stopping undetectable
rpm corruption. Call me crazy... but I think thats a good idea verses
sticking to a policy that allows corruption...

steved.