Extras for FC6 rebuild status

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Sep 26 07:32:47 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 00:22 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Extras for FC6 rebuild status:

> However, there's still a few packages whose status is somewhat unclear
> in the devel repo - these need to be properly unorphaned in order for
> them to stay in FE6:
>
> - ddclient (Josh Boyer?)
> - libvisual-plugins (Thomas Vander Stichele?)
> - python-twisted (Thomas Vander Stichele?)
>
> Nothing appears to depend on ddclient or libvisual-plugins, but these
> have dependencies on python-twisted: buildbot, flumotion, pyicq-t,
> python-cvstoys.  Nothing appears to require those.

The version of Twisted in Extras cvs is rather ancient; Thomas has put
together a set of packages to update it to the current release though
(see #171543). It's a set of packages because upstream has split the
project up. These packages will all need to be reviewed, but so far
Thomas appears to have been too busy to submit them for review.

The current upstream release of bittorrent (4.9.x) requires the new
version of Twisted. I would have liked to have had this in FC6 but it
looks like it's going to be too late now.

Paul.