Proposing for removal: java-1.4.2-gcj-compat, jessie, gnu-crypto, gjdoc

Thomas Fitzsimmons fitzsim at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 18:29:47 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 16 March 2007 16:29:34 Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
>> I'd like to propose the following packages for exclusion from Fedora 7:
>>
>> java-1.4.2-gcj-compat
>
> What is the status of this?  Is there anything left needing it?

csound is fixed in CVS but can't be rebuilt for an unrelated reason, but the
currently-built package's dependencies will be satisfied by java-1.5.0-gcj's
compatibility virtual provides.

It turns out that mockobjects requires java-devel < 1.5, however, mockobjects is
not needed by anything in Core or Extras, so I'm proposing that it be removed
for Fedora 7 (though it's not listed in comps-fc7.xml.in).  If it is needed in
the future, we can add jMock 2, which requires Java >= 1.5.

I've made sure that all other packages that had requirements on
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat*, gnu-crypto*, jessie and gjdoc have been updated to
java-1.5.0-gcj* and sinjdoc.  My comps-fc7.xml.in patch has also been applied.
Now I have to make java-1.5.0-gcj obsolete gnu-crypto and jessie and make
sinjdoc obsolete gjdoc.

Tom