New mirror layout for the merged core and extras

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Apr 6 11:41:30 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating schrieb:
> On Friday 06 April 2007 07:13:03 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I dislike a bit that /os/ is below Everything. How about something
>> that's similar to what we have now below "core/{5,6}/"
>>
>> releases/7/
>>           /<arch>/
>>                  /iso/
>>                  /os/{...}
>>                  /debug/{...}
>>
>> <arch> = i386, ppc, x86_64, source
>>
>> The Prime, Live and Everything isos could live in the iso directory for
>> each arch.
> Why do you dislike that?

No specific reasons, just a "looks better to me that way" and "is closer
to what we had until now which worked fine up to now -- changing it more
then needed just confuses people for no good reasons" feeling. Well,
maybe a small detail: you don't have to type the "Everything" part of
the url when doing network installs.

>  The idea was that Everything/ has the exploaded
> content for every arch we build for, regardless if it is pulled into a spin
> or not.  There wouldn't be any exploaded tree for the spins, as that
> duplicates data and the iso itself can be used in a loopback manner for
> network installs.

Well, all that is afaics possible with the layout I outlined, too. (and
I didn't want any exploaded spins trees, too -- only the repo with all
the packages in it)

> Having all the isos in the same directory makes nfsiso
> installs tricky as anaconda might end up mounting too many isos.

The make subdirectories for each spin below iso and the problem is gone.

Cu
thl