Packages with "fc6" name in Fedora 7

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Apr 9 02:44:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 10:22:16PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 09:16:19PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Doing this type of rebuild at this point is a no-go IMHO.  We're trying to
> > accomplish too many other things with this release.  I definitely would never
> > want to see such a rebuild after the last test release, preferably I'd see it
> > before the feature freeze since such rebuilds could pick up new "features".
>
> That's a serious problem if the package then needs to be rebuilt for a
> security issue and the new features creep in at that point. Speaking from
> experience as someone who rebuilds a lot of packages, this is exactly the
> reason to rebuild all packages at some point in the development cycle. It
> sucks to discover that a package doesn't actually rebuild cleanly anymore
> when you really need to do it urgently. Having the dist tag all match is a
> nice side benefit.

I've been doing the rebuilds.  Well, incremental rebuilds lately; I
haven't purged the whole tree and started from scratch.  That takes
about 4 days on 4 fast servers last time I tried.  Sounds like we're
due...

Full logs at http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/

Extras Rawhide-in-Mock Build Results for x86_64 Mon Apr  2 05:00:32 CDT 2007
Total packages: 2876
Number failed to build: 54
Number expected to fail due to ExclusiveArch or ExcludeArch: 20
Leaving:  34
(there may be some duplicates if rawhide has 2 versions of a package)

Extras Rawhide-in-Mock Build Results for i386 Mon Apr  2 05:07:01 CDT 2007
Total packages: 2876
Number failed to build: 29
Number expected to fail due to ExclusiveArch or ExcludeArch: 2
Leaving:  27
(there may be some duplicates if rawhide has 2 versions of a package)

Core Rawhide-in-Mock Build Results for i386 Mon Apr  2 04:51:56 CDT 2007
Total packages: 1154
Number failed to build: 36
Number expected to fail due to ExclusiveArch or ExcludeArch: 9
Leaving:  27
(there may be some duplicates if rawhide has 2 versions of a package)

Core Rawhide-in-Mock Build Results for x86_64 Mon Apr  2 04:49:18 CDT 2007
Total packages: 1153
Number failed to build: 47
Number expected to fail due to ExclusiveArch or ExcludeArch: 15
Leaving:  32
(there may be some duplicates if rawhide has 2 versions of a package)

So, out of 4030 SRPMS total, 66 fail for one reason or another (some
ExclusiveArch-dependent failures in that list), or ~1.6%, aren't
building properly.

--
Matt Domsch
Software Architect