Packages with "fc6" name in Fedora 7

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 06:09:03 UTC 2007

Chris Weyl wrote:
> On 4/9/07, David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I do this for the stuff I maintain using scratch builds in brew.  This
>> could easily be expanded to an X-line script that just always runs and
>> walks the CVS tree building whatever is the latest tag for devel for a
>> package.
>
> Hmm...  You know, it shouldn't be too hard to set up "scratch" targets
> in the buildsys (plague, no idea about koji), mark them as "testing",
> and let people fire off builds against it without having to worry that
> those packages will ever be pushed anywhere.  I could see that as
> being useful....

This is something that we should automate.  Just because maintainers
might be too lazy to do rebuilds themselves doesn't mean we shouldn't
try to find bugs in their required libraries, etc.  Plus with
automation, we can schedule and/or order how frequently packages get
rebuilt so we can avoid overloading the service if for whatever reason
everyone decides to do scratch builds at once.  We can even include
logic such as "hey, there's a new version of mono, let's rebuild all
mono apps just to make sure the new version doesn't break things"