Using Koji for building Extras

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 07:21:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 14:15 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Things like gcc, glibc, kernel, and OO.o are huge resource users.
> I think OO.o can take 24 hours or more to build, which ties up a single
> builder all day.

That's the bad old days of FC-5 and hideous 16/23 hour i386/ppc builds.
With some (if I do say so myself) awesome reimplementation of the java
base help file building and parsing into a c++ libxsltproc based one and
a pile of multiproc build fixes I can both reliably parallel build now
and can zip through the multi langpack build in about 3/6 hours
depending on architecture. But there's no denying that it's a big
intensive build which'll tie up a number of machines.

C.