Fedora 7 Test 4 freeze Tuesday the 17th

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Apr 14 11:05:38 UTC 2007

On Saturday 14 April 2007 03:25:56 Hans de Goede wrote:
> Question 1:
> If I issue a bugfix only release to an extras package do I need todo
> anything special for it to make the Fedora 7 final spin (still assuming a
> merged Fedora 7 here)

If merged, yes.  You'd have to follow the directions from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/DevelFreezePolicy (which could change
as we actually start using it more and more).  Due to the way that I compose
things from Koji, I create a "freeze" tag and do composes based on packages
that are tagged with this.  Any build done from devel/ will not get this tag
automatically, it must be applied by a member of the release engineering
team.  Anything that did not get tagged will wind up in the next rawhide,
when we open it up for 8.

> Question 2:
> If I want to make some new / exciting changes which might very well break
> things, can I put those in CVS somewhere now, or should I wait till a F7
> cvs branch is created and only then commit these changes to the devel
> branch. IOW, should I do this as it has been done with extras the last few
> releases: hold back any risky packages updates until after the branch?

Yes, continuing to do what you've done before is the best strategy for now.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora