Release Engineering Meeting Recap from Monday 16-APR-07

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 17 09:32:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 11:10:18AM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 17.04.2007 10:35, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >[...]
> >Well, I can include Extras, too, the data above was from a mail to
> >Jesse when it was about Core. For Extras the numbers are far more
> >striking, here is a common table including the FC data [...]
>
> Hmmm, do you sill have a tree of FE[3-6] how it looked like when FC[3-6]
> were released?

No, do you?

> Otherwise your numbers are IMHO totally misleading, as they show
> what got rebuild between release of FC[3-6] and *today*.

No, they compare the latest state of FE<N> and the latest state of
FE<N+1>. For FE5 and FE6 for example it compares the latest state as
of today. For FE4 and FE5 it compares FE4's EOL date (~FC6) and
today. So there is no time discrepancy as you assume.

And it comes as no suprise since as we all should know FE was always
doing mass rebuilds until including FC6. I wonder how the 0.6% and 1%
were forgotten in the process. Perhaps someone did a rebuild with the
same EVR - we didn't catch these in the old days.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net