NX/FreeNX maintainer: AWOL?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Apr 18 10:49:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 11:37:32AM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 16/04/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> >I just did. Some parts like x86_64 support are already in, also some
> >mismatching lib issues, the update requests and some crashes.
> >
> >What I know still exists as an issue is printing support, as this
> >doesn't really exists in upstream either.
>
> One thing I did notice about the nx packaging is that it breaks the
> one tarball to one package paradigm, having something like 9 tarballs
> rolled into it. Do the sources really all need to be in the build tree
> at the same time, or could the packaging be cleaned up?

I'd also like to see the package split up, and was discussing this
with Rick some ages ago, even before the packages made it into
extras. Other distros also split the megapackage up into conventional
packages.

But I would not do too many things at one time. Let's address this
after the AWOL procedure, OK?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net