broken deps outside of packagers control

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Apr 18 13:32:53 UTC 2007

On 18.04.2007 15:26, Hans de Goede wrote:
 > [...]
> This raises 2 issues:
> 1 Notice how the deps are only broken for the i386 version in the x86_64 tree,
>    this is something outside my control. If script XXX decides to put a i386
>    gnumeric in the x86_64 tree, then the script should also make sure it puts in
>    all need deps from the i386 tree

perl.i386 was in the Core tree but got removed without proper
announcement/discussion beforehand (and even worse: that happened on the
day of the feature freeze). See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-April/msg01004.html

> 2 Why does the script put the i386 version of gnumeric (an application) in
>    the x86_64 tree at all? That just doesn't make sense.

I assume because there is a gnumeric-devel (the multilib-magic scripts
afaik try to track in most of the devel packages, which thus tracks in
the main package normally, too).

CU
thl