Plan for tomorrows (20070418) FESCO meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Apr 19 05:10:26 UTC 2007

On 18.04.2007 23:05, Brian Pepple wrote:

> /topic FESCO-Meeting -- MISC -- Vote on rebuilding packages with old
> disttag - jwb

Something related to this (mentioned on FAB-list 24 hours ago, but
didn't get any replies) to fix the problem in F8 and later:

Why don't we just expand the disttag to something else without the
"fc<I>n</I>" in it in the devel branch? Then we don't have run into the
"package disttag doesn't match the release it is shipped in" problem
when a package is not rebuild during a devel cycle. A simple ".1" maybe
-- that should make everybody happy afaics:

[thl at thl tmp]$ # this is how we do it right now:
[thl at thl tmp]$ rpmdev-vercmp 0 1.0 5.fc6 0 1.0 5.fc7
0:1.0-5.fc7 is newer
[thl at thl tmp]$ # why not do it like this:
[thl at thl tmp]$ rpmdev-vercmp 0 1.0 5.fc6 0 1.0 5.1
0:1.0-5.1 is newer

Or am I or rpmdev-vercmp missing something here?

/me always gets a bit confused when it comes to letters in %{release}

BTW, sure, the changelog entry and the actual release won't match fully
this way, but that's the same with disttags that expand to ".fcX" .

CU
thl