FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-04-19

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Apr 23 11:29:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 04:33:52PM -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> === Vote on rebuilding packages with old disttag ===
>  * FESCo voted against a proposal to rebuild packages with old
> disttag's.  This was decision was based on the fact that there has not
> been any major changes in the toolchain for Fedora 7, and this would
> avoid making end users download the packages for only a release tag
> change.

Was fesco aware that we're talking about a download size of less than
2% [1] and that the disttag confusion is the least of the upcoming
potential problems [2]? Was it clear that this is the first time ever
Fedora rebuilds less than 95% of its packages (FC did 95-100%
rebuilds, FE > 99%, now it's 80% and 62% respectively) [3]? These
"details" are rather important.

And the rebuilds for the broken packages are doomed to happen, the
choice is just whether it's during development in one bulk or during
maintenance as each broken package is reported.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-April/msg00169.html
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-April/msg00118.html
[3] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-April/msg00120.html
--