Spilt libperl from perl

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 24 09:42:49 UTC 2007

> I don't have a ton of faith in things correctly going from multilib to
> non-multilib and having the obsoletes do the right thing.  Given we're at
> test4, I'm going for the least intrusive change, which is to make perl.
> [i386,ppc64] show up in the i386/ppc repos.

So we'll get 64-bit /usr/bin/perl, and none of the 32-bit perl modules
(which aren't even _shipped_ 64-bit on ppc) will work. Please don't just
do that. Please apply the _correct_ fix, which is to split the package
so that you can have both versions of libperl, but only the primary
architecture version of the binaries.

--
dwmw2