Spilt libperl from perl

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 24 18:21:14 UTC 2007

> And this was so much of an issue that you didn't start complaining about this
> particular case until... a week ago when perl suddenly wasn't multilib again?
> FC6 has had a multilib perl package since day one.

Yeah... nobody's _ever_ mentioned that we shouldn't be installing all
those wrong-arch packages. Ever.

I thought there _was_ a bug for it in FC6, actually. I wouldn't swear to
it though.

Anyway, spot has retracted his claim that splitting the package is a
'dirty hack' and seems inclined to agree that it is in fact the way
forward, in accordance with bug #235757. So we are going to go ahead and
split perl from libperl after all.

--
dwmw2