Plan for tomorrows (20070426) FESCO meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Apr 26 05:35:34 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram schrieb:
> Brian Pepple wrote:
>
> * Decide on a place to post meeting mins and how to do it. I would
> suggest under http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development/. There was some
> discussions about not posting meeting logs in the wiki but post to
> mailing list and point to it from the wiki to avoid scalability issues.

In case anybody is wondering -- that discussion started here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2007-April/msg00014.html

and ended at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2007-April/msg00029.html
where Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes wrote:

"If nobody has any big reason against it, we can call it policy right
now.  We just have to make sure that the people posting the meeting
minutes are aware of it.  :-)"

BTW, IMHO it are less scalability issues (but we'll probably run into
those sooner or later, too, if X groups add Y logs per week into the
wiki). It's more a "it IMHO makes the wiki search engine much harder to
use as you often find old meeting summaries instead of the up2date
guidelines or whatever else you searched for"

Anyway: having them in the wiki has some benefits, too. But maybe we
should delete them somewhen to avoid that old cruft fills the wiki and
makes the searching much useless.

How about this: We put them in the wiki as "Meeting of week X" pages and
thus simply overwrite them after one year? The old versions then will
still be accessible via the "info" button and up2date decisions and
discussions are found via the search engine, but older ones are not.

Or maybe this: we have a script deletes old meeting logs -- then they
are also still available if there is a need to, but not searched.

> If you are going to continue posting to the wiki, irclog2html like
> Release Engineering meetings at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/. I find it more readable.

+1

CU