Plan for tomorrows (20070426) FESCO meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Apr 26 10:18:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:54:47AM +1200, Nigel Jones wrote:
> If possible could the discussion of allowing camlimages, ocamlSDL and
> freetennis (all pending review) [1][2][3] to be packaged with static
> libraries be discussed during the next meeting?  I most likely can't
> attend due to the meeting time, but I'd really appreciate a decision.

I know that it isn't what is said in the guidelines, in the guidelines
it is said that FESCo should approve such things, but in my opinion you
should make your choice as a packager without waiting for FESCo, since in
this case this is a limitation imposed by upstream. Now if there is a
dispute within reviewers then FESCo is needed but if no reviewer objects for
using the static libs, I'd say just do it without waiting for FESCo. Of
course, if FESCo members after looking at the issue have a different
opinion you should reconsider, but I can't see how it could be the case.

--
Pat