[F8/multilib] {,/usr}/{,s}bin64 (was: Split libperl from perl)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Apr 27 17:36:56 UTC 2007

> On Friday 27 April 2007 12:35:03 David Woodhouse wrote:
> > > Hardly even Core. ppc for Core has 3076 32-bit packages, not 1286.
> >
> > Not on my planet.
> >
> > devserv /mnt/redhat/rel-eng/f7-test4-20070423.0/6.93/Fedora/ppc/os/Fedora $
> > ls *.ppc.rpm | wc -l 1286
>
> David, you're looking at the "Fedora" spin which is a subset of all the
> packages, some Core, some Extras.  Axel is obviously looking at the full
> tree.

Ah, thanks. If I look at my rawhide mirror, that helps me get slightly
closer to his inflated numbers -- but still I only get to 1974 files
matching *.ppc.rpm. There are only 3004 files in total.

Perhaps he has a slightly fresher mirror, _and_ we've added seventy-odd
packages recently, _and_ he was listing all files instead of only the
32-bit packages. He conveniently didn't show what he did to count them,
of course.

But it doesn't matter -- I've already accepted his estimate of 14%,
which is fairly much in line with my own estimate and dramatically less
than his original "almost all specfiles" nonsense.

And even that doesn't matter, because if it's the right thing to do then
we shouldn't care how many packages need to be touched. It's not as if
it's hard to do.

--
dwmw2