[F8/multilib] {,/usr}/{,s}bin64 (was: Split libperl from perl)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Apr 27 18:13:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 08:03:11PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> In that case, you can have both 32bit and 64bit -libs installed (because
> they don't conflict), but only one devel and one main package (because they
> do conflict).

Bingo! And you have the demand for a multilib development setup. And
if the ppc/ppc64 versions differ in their usage of altivec which is
passed over cflags and you really need two different fftw-config files?

> So now you're talking about full multiarch support. We can talk about
> that, but that's a MAJOR change and needs a separate evaluation.

We've been talking about that from the very start of the bin64 thread,
that's not a new course of discussion.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net