Fedora for tiny devices - exessive dependencies

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:51:30 UTC 2007

Hello All!

Is anyone interested in using Fedora Core as a (for example)
file-server? It was really upset me then I discovered that a typical
installation (NFS, SAMBA, ftp and administrative tools), can't be
fitted onto a 128- or 256-mbyte-sized partition (inexpensive
flash-disk).

Even today, then there are a lot of 70-80$ (typical price in Moscow)
1Gbyte flash-disks there are things that I can't accept. For instance
- we have a grub depending on 8mbyte-sized bulk of funny pictures
called fedora-logos. I saw another strange and very expensive
dependencies but always forget to create a bookmark.

Another one thing I want to mention - is there a way to tell yum to
use --excludedocs flag? It should save another few tens of megabytes?

--
With best regards!